2019 FIVB U-18 World Champions
I've listed some bullet points to tell you a little bit about myself, my background in volleyball, and the passion that I have for coaching and teaching. Since my mother was a teacher and my father was a teacher/coach, I was blessed to have been raised in an academic environment of lots of study and practice. Both of those things blend well with the demands of coaching. My goal with Jim Stone Consulting is to share what I've learned over 40+ years in the teaching and coaching profession. I also want to present content on the Blog page that might foster some thoughts and ideas.
Anyway, a little about myself:
- Head Coach at The Ohio State University for 27 years
- Multiple Big Ten Championships
- NCAA National Semi-Finalist- 1991, 1994
- Coached 17 First Team AVCA All Americans
- Coached 2 AVCA National Players of the Year
- Head Coach USA Girls Youth National Team
- FIVB U-18 World Champions- 2019
- FIVB U-18 Runner Up- 2017, 2013
- Speaker/Clinician at countless national, state, and local clinics
- Certified Technician-Dartfish Sports Analysis Software
I have to say that of all the fantastic players and teams that I've coached over the years, my most memorable coaching moment was winning the World Championship in 2019. To say that a team is the best in the world is a cherished moment!!
If I can ever be of assistance to your club, team, or organization, feel free to reach out. I will be happy to collaborate in any manner that best suits your needs.